Just a few tips to make your ride one to remember!
- Be saddled and ready to ride at the appointed time
- Dogs are often NOT welcome on rides. Know the rules!
- Maintain a horse-length between you and the next horse. Do not TAILGATE!
- Inform others that your horse kicks with a red ribbon tied to the horse’s tail
- Stay with the group and the trail-plan. If you intend to leave the group, inform the ride leader
- Do not trot or run past others. If you must pass, tell the person which side you are passing on and do so slowly and carefully
- If someone is passing you, make sure your horse is aware of it too
- When allowing horses to drink, wait until all are finished before proceeding
- If someone has trouble, be considerate. If you have trouble, call ahead for others to wait. Impatient horses can be dangerous if left behind
- Be friendly and courteous to other trail users
- Safety helmets are recommended, especially for children.